Wednesday 11 September 2013

Beads and Bracelets Handmade With Love

Get your bracelet supplies, and start the fun HERE

I have been making bracelets not for around a year. Not on a daily basis but on occasions, for myself or others. It really started when I wanted to make a gift for my boyfriend with sentimental value that could be worn daily and it turned out a perfect little gift (He now requests new ones every other week and has an arm full of them!)

 Until very recently all I would make was these simple macramé bands, but I have now branched out and attempted those more girly and with far more sparkle!

 Personally I would be thrilled to receive a little set of these bracelets as  present and they cost from as little as 35p so where could you go wrong?

I get my entire lot of chord and beads from a shop in Perth called “bead crazy” there are barely any bead shops in Scotland and I’m lucky enough to have this one nearby. It is just excellent with all that you will need to make necklaces, bracelets, earring, rings and in all shapes, sizes, colours and styles. The beads are fantastic value and staff are on hand to give advice and help whenever needed. (They also do delivery so check out their Facebook page here)

Below I will show you how to make three different bracelets which are very fun, quirky and are perfect accessories for any occasion.

For Him: macramé band


For making the macramé band I use 3 pieces of chord. This really is up to you what colours and thickness you go for. But in this case I use one larger piece for the middle section and 2 thinner pieces for the outside. In total this only costs around 65p to make!



Above I have tried to show how I make them although I’m well aware it is not clear. I used this video when first starting them; hopefully it will help you too. (Its really easy!)

So there we have it, a cheap and cheerful, quirky little gift that is well appreciated and takes around 2 minutes flat!

Bracelets for her: Chain Bracelets

This one is ridiculously easy to make and looks really cute by itself or paired with another bracelet. It cost 75p for a foot of the chain which is enough for 2 to 3 bracelets and the ribbon is 35p per meter (i think) so you could make 3 for about £1. How could anyone complain at that??
All you need is some chain, a ribbon and 1 minute of your time.
All I have done to make this one is weave the ribbon in and out of the chain. There is different ways to do this to create different looks. (sticking to one side, through the middle, or criss cross. Have a go and decide what you prefer!
 The chain makes provides a great bracelet base as you can weave in what you like. Perhaps some beads or other materials. Below I have added a toggle end and weaved in some left over chord from my macrame band.



Bracelet for her: Pretty beads on elastic

These bracelets are the easiest thing in the world and pretty self explanatory! All you need is some Elastic and a selection of beads of your choice. I love lots of sparkles and silver so chose to do ones like that but you can really do any thing! if you look here "bead crazy" owners have made some creations themselves which could serve as some inspiration for your own design. The beads i have used for my examples range from 3p to 50p and i have used around 25 beads for each of them. The total bracelet price ranges from £1.15 -£1.80 but it all depends what you fancy and how big you make them.
I hope you have found this helpful and maybe inspired you to do one yourself. If you need beads you know where to go! (follow my links) far more ideas on the site such as anchors and sweeties!

Next time you need a jewelry update you know what to do! Start now!

Take care



17 comments:

  1. Hey I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check out my blog to see how to fill it out

    Zorkyto
    elephantswithclothes.blogspot.com
    I LOVE YOUR BLOG it's totally FAB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww i'm so grateful that you read. I will check out your blog and follow it :)
      Take care,
      Anna xo

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you like it and appreciate the comment :)
    Very new blog so flattered :)
    I love your blog too and would love to follow you back :)
    Many thanks

    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou yes i would :):) can you follow my blog not profile and il do the same?
    I will check out your blog as well ;D
    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply wonderful!!
    Love your style, you're really talented.
    I know how wonderful it is to be creating something with your own hands, since i started my jewelry shop just one year ago! It's been and still is a wonderful experience, keeping you creative and inspired all the time! Keep up with the wonderful work you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :)
      it can really make any outfit look a little more special!
      I will definitely look out your jewelry sounds fantastic!
      You should check out Bead Crazy for supplies, the owner is so passionate about it and its so quirky and sweet :)
      x

      Delete
  5. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    Rules & Questions are in my blog post below!
    http://beautelush.wordpress.com/2013/09/12/liebster-award/

    -Xo
    Ryann Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, i feel so flattered, will check it out and follow :) x

      Delete
  6. Great post, I love receiving handmade gifts, I wish I could made bracelets like these. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check out the questions on my blog http://ispyglitter.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    Hafsah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be able to!! Bead crazy post anywhere so you should get in touch :):)
      Thank you i am humbled.
      Good luck with your bracelet making!!

      Anna xo

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Lovely greets from germany. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome it is good to support each other!

      Good luck with the blog, will be following your posts!

      Anna xo

      Delete
  8. Now I wanna make my own bracelets too :). I love your blog :)!

    x Marjaana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it and keep me posted!!

      Can look great, and a lot of the time bracelets in shops are over prices and don;t have the individuality or look you are quite looking for. Get your supplies and you wont look back!
      Good luck :)

      Anna xo

      Delete
  9. I love your blog! I'd like to nominate you for the Libester Award! :) xx

    ReplyDelete