Wednesday 4 September 2013

Review - Vichy Dermablend Foundation





I bought my Vichy Dermablend around 5 months ago when I was suffering from pretty bad breakouts and was trying to find the best cover up solution for everyday wear. I really wanted to review this product but recently have had pretty good skin - probably because of the nice weather we have been lucky enough to have. However, a couple of days ago, conveniently enough (for you - not for me!) a spot cropped up! I hunted out my Vichy, very relieved to have this little tube of magical foundation at my fingertips.


So as you can see it has effectively covered up the redness! All I used was around a pin head sized dot of the Dermablend and applied with a stippling brush. You can tell I still have a raised area of skin but it does blend very well and I only used 1 layer. It costs around £13.60 and comes in a 30ml tube which you can find in 5 colours: 15-Opal, 25-Nude, 35-Sand, 45-Gold and 55-Bronze. 

Top shade is colour 25(nude) underneath is colour 15(opal)
I would most certainly recommend this product to anyone for emergency spot situations or even to cover a small tattoo. However in terms of everyday use and application to the whole face I would be hesitant to suggest this product unless you suffer from acne that no other foundations will successfully cover.

 Below I've made a list of what I felt were the Pros and Cons of this product. 
                                                            
                                                                    Cons
Consistent use leads to clogged, large looking pores 
- Has a tendency to turn a grayish colour after a couple of hours
- Will only stay on for long periods of time if powder is applied over the top
- Large difference between the colour shades so there won't be a suitable match for everyone

                                                                    Pros
- Price is fairly reasonable for the coverage and how long the tube lasts
- If powder is applied over the top it lasts a remarkably long time and copes through wind, rain and shine
- Coverage is the best i have found yet, and also works to cover tattoos which could be great for some occasions
- Doesn't look cakey once applied
- Has a nice natural finish - neither too matt nor too shiny looking

All in all I do think this is a handbag essential so there is no panic if a spot pops up and you have a date planned for the night!

I hope you found this review helpful and if you have any questions feel free to drop me a line.

Have a great night,




No comments:

Post a Comment